to see some
Creating a Feed for the Gravity Forms Dynamics CRM Add-On
Now that you have installed and configured the Gravity Forms Dynamics CRM Add-On, it's time to create a feed. A feed simply determines how information is sent from your form in WordPress to Dynamics CRM or Dynamics 365. In this article, we will go over the steps you will take to easily send your form information from WordPress to Dynamics.
- If you have not already done so, create a new Gravity Form with your desired fields via the Forms menu in your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Once your form has been created, navigate to the form (Forms > [Form Name] on the WordPress menu) for which you would like to create a feed.
- Once on the form editor, point to Form Settings and click Dynamics CRM.
- On the next screen, click Add New to create a new feed to Dynamics CRM.
- On the next screen, enter the Feed Name, select an Action (Create / Update Lead or Create / Update Contact).
- In the next section, map your Dynamics CRM Fields (on the left) to the corresponding fields on the form. Required fields are listed at the top with a red asterisk (*) and you can map additional optional fields below that by using the plus button to add additional fields.
- Next, select a desired lead or contact owner or leave as -None- and the plugin will set the owner to the authenticated user.
- Optionally, you can select whether or not to allow duplicates and whether to update the record if a match is found by email address.
- The final section allow you to use Gravity Forms conditional logic to only run this feed based on conditions you specify.
- Finally, click Update Settings to save and activate your feed for the form.
- That's it! Form entries will now feed through to Dynamics CRM based on the settings you specified and fields you mapped.
- You can setup multiple feeds per form if necessary and use Gravity Forms conditional logic to control which feed will process.
Note: Lookup/OptionSet fields, such as Lead Source, in Dynamics CRM require a little extra setup. Learn how to set those up in Working with Lookup and OptionSet Fields.