to see some
Troubleshooting Connectivity Problems
This article will walk you through troubleshooting any potential connectivity problems with the Gravity Forms Dynamics CRM Add-On and your Dynamics CRM instance.
This article will walk through the following:
- Downloading the Gravity Forms Logging Plugin
- Installing the Gravity Forms Logging Plugin
- Enabling Logging
- Generating Logs
- Reviewing Logs
Downloading the Gravity Forms Logging Plugin
Before we can begin troubleshooting any connectivity problems, first you'll need to download the Gravity Forms logging plugin. This link will prompt you to download the plugin zip file. Be sure to save this in a safe place as you will need it later.
Note: The Gravity Forms Logging Plugin is a plugin developed by the creator of Gravity Forms, Rocket Genius, that enables developers to log detailed debug and error messages to assist in troubleshooting.
Installing the Gravity Forms Logging Plugin
- Begin by logging into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Once logged in, hover over Plugins, then click on Add New
- At the top of the page, you will see a button titled Upload Plugin. Click this button to enter the plugin upload page.
- From within the plugin upload page, click the Browse button. Remember the zip file you downloaded earlier? Navigate to the Gravity Forms Logging Plugin zip file you previously downloaded, and select it. Then, click Install Now.
- WordPress will now automatically handle the installation of the Gravity Forms Logging Plugin. Once complete, click on Activate Plugin to ensure that the plugin is active.
Now that the plugin is installed and activated, we need to enable logging of messages to assist in troubleshooting. To do so:
- Visit Forms > Settings > Logging and select "Log all messages" in the dropdown next to Dynamics CRM Add-On.
- Click Save Settings to enable the logging.
Now that logging is enabled, we need to use the plugin to generate some logs.
If you are having trouble connecting to your CRM and are unable to create a feed or map a form, visit Forms > Settings > Dynamics CRM.
If you are connected to your CRM instance and can create a feed and map a form, but no data is making it to Dynamics, visit Forms > [Your Form] and then preview your form to test filling it out and submitting it.
After completing either (or both) of the steps above, go back to Forms > Settings > Logging and you should now see a "view log" link next to Dynamics CRM Add-On. Click that link and send it to us via email if you already have an open request or submit a new request and include the logging output.